CBTL THE GIVING JOURNAL 2016

Wednesday, November 11, 2015





I got my CBTL giving journal early thanks to the help of my friends and mother. At first, I was torn between getting this or the Starbucks x Moleskine 2016 planner because I got the Starbucks 2014 - 2015 planner. But looking at the Starbucks 2016 planner, no offense, but the older versions' design on the pages are more visually appealing to me. Don't get me wrong, Starbucks partnering with Moleskine is a good move but for me who prefers daily planner and a bigger room to write on will always win. And I want a good design on the pages which are lacking on the Starbucks x Moleskine (because everyone is bashing how "some" people don't know how to appreciate the classy minimalist design. Really guys? Its a matter of one's preference. Geez!).

Anyway, I opted for the yellow one which says something considering that its my least favorite color. I was attracted of how bright and contrasted it is (visually appealing!). 



You need to collect 12 stamps and follow the drink instructions in order to get the giving journal. Besides the yummy drinks, the other thing that I love about CBTL is their advocacy of giving back to the community. So for every claimed 2016 giving journal, you get to help REAL life scholars opportunities and brighter futures. Its that time of the year where you start drinking and spending on expensive coffee more than you normally would in a month or two but at least you know that the money you spent is helping other people. How awesome is that?





The two pictures shown below are the reasons why I need a bigger planner because I doodle and write a lot. Like everyday. I personally started this habit to improve my thinking and writing skills. I feel grateful for the gift of words. It would be a torment if I had all these feelings and ideas and couldn't express myself in some form.





On the other note:
I bought 642 Tiny Things To Write About by The San Francisco Writers' Grotto at Fullybooked. It claims, "This tiny book contains all the ingredients to expand your mind, make time disappear, and supercharge your creativity. Except you'll also need a pen". So you either answer the questions honestly or creatively using your imagination. After scanning the book, I can say that almost all the questions, I think I will answer it honestly so this results to putting into paper your life's secrets which is kinda scary and overwhelming. I'm guarding this with all my life and secretly put this away from prey's eyes haha





Yes, I collect pens and stationaries. My mom was complaining the other day why I always buy pen/s whenever we go to the mall and what do I need a lot of pens for. If only she knew the joy I get of buying and keeping them. I'm planning to buy brush pens and markers next so I can practice calligraphy more. Teehee!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Blog Archive

QUOTE OF THE DAY

“If there's one thing I've learned, it's this: We all want everything to be okay. We don't even wish so much for fantastic or marvelous or outstanding. We will happily settle for okay, because most of the time, okay is enough.”
- David Levithan