NOOK SIMPLE TOUCH WITH GLOWLIGHT

Tuesday, August 07, 2012


Look what came in the mail today, my new e-book reader. You have no idea how ecstatic I was when I received this. AHHHH! I've been lusting on it for a wee months now and it's on my wishlist (on my dreams tab). It exceeded my dream because I only want the one with no light so I am probably the happiest geek right now. Ha! Don't get me wrong but i'm still a fan of paperbacks but the joy of having all your books on one device is sick! It's no fun to bring a lot of books, you know and not to mention, you can download a lot of free classic/old e-books online. How cool is that? :)


Why nook? I don't know why but all I know is that it's love at first sight when I laid my eyes on it. I would still buy another nook than any other brands. First love never dies eh (it's applicable on some circumstances! Haha.). And kindle (which is the only available e-book reader here in cebu except for tablets if you know what I mean) doesn't read .epub format which almost all of my files are on that format. Converting files are a pain on the ass.

Description at the site: World’s #1 Reader now with breakthrough GlowLight™:
  • Only Reader designed for perfect bedtime reading.
  • Breakthrough technology creates a soft glow optimized for low light reading.
  • Warm light illuminates entire screen evenly.
  • End bedtime reading debate-when you want to read & your partner wants to sleep.
  • GlowLight turns on instantly and adjusts easily with a touch.
  • Revolutionary built-in anti-glare screen protector delivers just-like-paper experience – great in bright sun.
  • Exclusive Best-Text™ & adjustable fonts make words crisp & clear.
  • Fastest, most advanced E Ink® display for seamless page turns.
  • Lightest NOOK ever – perfect for long reading sessions and carrying everywhere.
  • Unbeatable value: "2 Readers in 1" - Best of E Ink & Lit Display - Amazing in bed and at the beach.
Downside: Before I go and buy something, may it be gadgets or books or movies to watch, I really make it to a point to read reviews online. Reviews are a good way to know someone else's thoughts about something and it gives you an idea on what that device is or if that book is a good choice to read or if that movie is a good choice to watch. It's up to you whether you believe it or not because people have different opinions. So okay, the downside is, I stumbled upon reviews who complained regarding the nook screen. They saw a hole/holes on the screen when they turn on the glowlight. They said the screen is too sensitive. Now, i'm afraid for my nook for reasons that, 1. there are no barnes and noble stores here to buy protective cases or to return it to exchange a new one or for a cash return; 2. accidents are inevitable. I can't help if my nook get bump on hard surfaces/hard objects inside my bag. AHHH it is so disturbing that I have to repeat this mantra inside my head, "my nook is on perfect fit". Being positive is always the key! Hahaha. Anyway, my uncle chose and bought this one for me so i'm still thankful. Well, there is still an option to read with the glowlight off which is i'm used to with my nook 1st edition.

Nook 1st edition and the new Nook Simple Touch with Glowlight

Comparison:
Nook 1st Edition - It's heavy and big. It has 3G, web browser, games, audiobook and password lock. No glowlight. Expandable memory. Slow processor. You have to manually reorder the shelves. The battery lasts up to 2 weeks.
NST - It's light and small. It doesn't have 3G, web browser, games, audiobook and password lock (i need this feature!!). The glowlight doesn't strain the eyes. Expandable memory. Fast processor. The shelves are alphabetically reorder (I love this feature because i'm an OC) and you can see the book cover of your own files. The battery lasts up to 2 months.

My reading challenge status on goodreads. Yay! ♥

Source: Barnes and Noble
Currently reading: Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful #1) by Jamie McGuire
You should read because it is one of the very few leisure pursuits that can actually make you a better person. - article

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Blog Archive

QUOTE OF THE DAY

“If there's one thing I've learned, it's this: We all want everything to be okay. We don't even wish so much for fantastic or marvelous or outstanding. We will happily settle for okay, because most of the time, okay is enough.”
- David Levithan