TWO WEEKS IN BOHOL

Saturday, May 16, 2015



I spent two weeks in Bohol to get away from the city life and enjoy the little things without much technological advances lol. I just needed a breather. And I was also invited to celebrate Calape's fiesta.



I was deeply fascinated with the trails of sea foam made by the ship's engine.

I don't know how to narrate or even summarize my two week in Bohol so i'll just do what I do best, let some of the pictures do the talking. :)




I stayed at Sitio Catmonan, Calape at my friend's dad's house. This secluded river is a 10-20 minute walk from the house. It was a pretty creepy place but it felt good to carelessly swim with the kids. Unfortunately, some part of the place were damaged by the earthquake.






Father and his three little (no pun intended) kids ..

.. and his talkative wife with the kids.



I was excited to see fireflies for the first time (call me ignorant lol) that I had to catch them and put them in a box for a little while (don't worry, I let them go once I was satisfied) so I can take a picture (unfortunately, its not clear). I took a video too which you can see at the end of this post.







Calape church is so beautiful. Of all churches that was ruined in Bohol after the earthquake, this is the only church that was left standing.

We always go to the park every night. And it has a free wifi lol







I couldn't resist the athletic side in me so I went out and gone biking. I discovered that Catmonan is a great place to go biking. It was incredible to see that the athletic locals invest in expensive bikes, suits and equipment.


Catmonan's version of shakoy (twisted bread with caramel). YUM!!!





My cousin and her family invited me for dinner at their house. We strolled at the park for a little while to kill time.





We had a 10 person free pass to the paint party. It was boring or maybe I'm just too old for this shit.

Videos:

Sea foam.

River.

Fireflies.

All photos are taken with iPhone.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Blog Archive

QUOTE OF THE DAY

“If there's one thing I've learned, it's this: We all want everything to be okay. We don't even wish so much for fantastic or marvelous or outstanding. We will happily settle for okay, because most of the time, okay is enough.”
- David Levithan